Monday, June 4, 2007

What a Weekend!

I've traveled every weekend for the last month or so. I'm lovin' it! The fresh air, scenery, and faces have left me in a state of "My cup is full and overflooooowing! Yes the Lord loves me! I'm as happy as can be. My cup is full and overflooooowing."

Cheryl and I took a trip over to Ogdensburg so she could attend my counsin's wedding shower. Cheryl rode down with the ladies and I drove Allan over later in the evening. The trip up was a lot of fun. (Every trip is a lot of fun now that I have my TomTom ONE portable GPS navigation system.) One of the legs of our drive went through Canada. Conviniently enough, we had our passports because we intended to go to the indoor waterpark in Ottowa the next day. We had no issues going into Canada and expected none coming back into the states less than an hour later...

Well. We rolled up on customs. The guy asks for our passport and I shuffle through the passports that I had in my bag (we were brining the girls' passports to them because they left them behind) and passed mine and Allan's over to the officer. In retrospect, that wasn't a great idea... The eyebrows went up and we entered the "RED ZONE". "What did you do with the other people?" he asked, suddenly suspicous of the quantity of luggage in the back seat. I told him where we were going and why I had the extra passports. He was still suspicious, but he took it and ran the cars plates. "Um, whose car is this?" he questioned, again suspicious because I certainly wasn't the Cheryl Johnson it was registered too, and I'd already been 'caught' with multiple passports. I told him it was registered to my wife and passed him the registration. He looked at it, looked at the plates, crouched into a defensive stance and stated "the plates don't match the registration" preparing for a judo chop to my neck or something equally as painful and undeserved. I laughed a little and started to sweat as I frantically searched the glove compartment for the new registration... Aha! there it was, hiding at the bottom of the mess of insurance papers and gas receipts. After that, we were allowed to pass with little adieu. Phew!

The rest of the weekend was basketball, canoeing, and EXCELLENT conversation, the likes of which I have missed dearly in the past few months. I'm really starting to question the church I'm with because I realized how useless I feel given the hold on my activities, and the lack of challenge in the absence of good iron.

I also realized that I'm still just as funny as I used to be, it's just an odd sense of humor that the people in my current vicinity don't particularly appreciate. Ah well. Good thing being dull dones't make me less of a person!

No comments: