Thursday, October 8, 2009

Park and Ride

Y'all know I take the bus. This morning, I got out of the shower and checked my watch, noting that the bus was, at this very instant, passing my bus stop. Yipe! I hopped into my car and drove to the wegmans parking lot at empire and creek st... Then waited for 20 minutes!! As it turns out, it takes 5 minutes to drive directly to the lot, but 25 minutes (due to the winding route) for the bus to reach it.

This reduces my overall drive time on the bus to a mere 20 minutes instead of the 45 minute long-haul that has tried my bladder daily. (All the bumping and jostling directly after a full breakfast is... hard to bear).

I plan to meet the bus at the new stop on a regular basis, giving me a full 40 extra minutes of home time per day!! (Belive me, there's a lot I can do with 40 minutes a day...)

Sent from my iPod, on the Bus

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hear ya. I've been doing the same thing all summer, but part of the reason I take the bus is so that I don't have to drive. Not that I don't like driving, I enjoy it, but I don't like putting the miles on my car when there are alternatives.

When Winter comes I think I'll be using the park & ride much less, I like leaving the car in the garage for weeks on end.