Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Vacation

Injuring my leg was a great thing. I've had a solid two weeks of royal treatment. Cheryl's been taking care of all the running around, while I've been left to enjoy her cooking and entertain Annabelle while Cheryl's busy with stuff like... the dishes GASP!!!

I've had a productive streak at work that has been unparalleled... one that has been enhanced by the brilliant streaks of my coworkers. I LOVE WORKING WITH BRILLIANT PEOPLE!!!

Cheryl recently purchased a walking toy (kind of like a shopping cart) for Annabelle. I put Annabelle behind the toy and placed her little paws on the padded bar. It was as high as her head, but she didn't mind. She stood there for a while, laughing and smiling at us to let us know what an excellent new trinket we'd given her. Then she leaned in to grab the little spinner near the middle of the toy. It started to roll forward.. her eyes got wider and wider as the toy rolled further from her! She stood there for a full 5 seconds, willing her little arms to hold her weight as she avoided succumbing to gravity... but... ooooh... sliiip thump. She just wasn't strong enough. (Actually, no one is. Try putting a chair out in front of you, then holding your own weight near vertical with your hands outstretched over your head... you'll see what I'm talking about). She gave me the pouty face (ie: Daddy, I didn't like that) but when I set her up again, she was right back to smiling with enough joy for every man woman and child in New York. The toy started to roll again... oh boy, she nipped that one in the bud! She placed one foot in front of the other til she'd run into the sofa on the other side of the room. Amazing! My 6mo old says Mamamama, Dadadadada and semi-walks like a pro!! Booyah!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Oh the first year is so lovely :-)

I'm sorry for your injury, but how wonderful when life slows us down so that we can be forced to acknowledge the little fleeting moments.

Although I feel bad for Cheryl.. being the lone dish carer is not fun in my book.