Friday, April 4, 2008

Another Bad Injury??

What the heck!? I'm not an injury prone guy, I've just had the weirdest streak of ugly... the food poisoning, rectal bleeding, hitting a bus on my bike, and now a severe hematoma...

Yesterday, my soccer team played against the Xerox team. The last time my team played this team, the goalie broke his foot. This time, Tim ended up in the hospital, with a broken wrist and 7 staples to stop his head from bleeding. (He opened up that back of his head pretty badly.) Me? I got kicked in the thigh so hard that my body dumped nearly a pint of blood into it. My leg was so swollen that I couldn't even pinch the skin (it was stretched so tight). After speaking with the doctor, I'm on a tight icing regiment. Unless the healing process goes well, I'm headed to the permanent disability list. There's a reason this team is on the bottom of the stack. They're clumsy. Oh the drama...

So send some love as I'll be on the couch for the next 3 days (moving as little as possible, including rationed bathroom stops). Email me with good flash games, send me a message telling me how awesome your schooling, teaching, and general tom-foolery is going, and I'll keep you posted on the progress I'm making with my miraculous recovery ;)

4 comments:

Kate said...

Hey Dave!! I found your blog after looking at annabelle's pictures the other day!

I wasn't sure how to get a hold of you to let you guys know we had baby #5 on New Year's Day (just after midnight to be exact!). A little girl :-) Shiloh Faith Elara But now that I've found your blog you can visit mine from time to time!

Ed Brannin said...

You may enjoy browsing the "Sensei's Library" Go wiki.

Tim Clymer said...

No neat links on this end, but I sure hope you get to feelin' better. Hope to see ya at work soon.

Kate said...

Good thoughts on the Kindle. Although I usually don't note take or dog ear books anyhow. We are pretty avid readers (and if I had more time I'd consume more books!!) and either swap or sell the books that aren't keepers for life.

Thanks for the encouragement on the house too ;-) I have folded laundry sorted all over the couch, toys on the floor to pick up now that kids are in bed, and the baby is hungry... so it's one of those moments where I hope "don't stop by!!!" :-D But you are absolutely right, investment in people and not a thing (house).