Monday, January 28, 2008

Laptop

My next laptop: http://www.apple.com/macbook/

Every 4 yrs, I spend about $1000 for a new laptop. My needs have shifted since I purchase my last laptop (in 2005). I'm now less interested in having a half-million options for video editing programs, free video games, and operating systems. I really want something I can just power up, edit my photos, video, and music, then power down without having to worry about an update changing a driver or incompatibilities that make these tasks difficult, impossible and/or time-consuming.

My sister bought a macbook. I scoffed at first, wondering how you could spend so much on so little (imagine the PC laptop you could get for $1.4k)... She smiled, laughed, then proceeded to edit 720p high-def h.264 video in realtime on her cute little laptop... the sound of my jaw hitting the floor echoed through the house.

She gave me a quick tour of her macbook, including the integrated webcam, combo drive, iLife suite and ease-of-use including the installation and execution of that christian-pop dance-dance revolution game. I'm now a believer. My next laptop will be a macbook. (The 13.3inch 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo macbook w/ Leopord is only $900 direct from apple via the refurbished mac sales system. Shipping is free.)