Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Farewell My Sporty ZX3

I haven't used my lil red sportscar for 8 months. It's a sad sad thing. In 2 years of service, the only maintenance it has required (despite my race car-like driving) has been oil changes and a set of tires.

The KBB for this car is here: http://alnk.org/radham

Because I let it sit, it needs new brakes and calipers all 'round and a right coil spring. I got it on the cheap 2 years ago and it's performed solidly since. It's slick and zippy, has a phat 200watt MP3 CD player, carries up to 16 pairs of skiis/snowboards all the while handling like a porsche. 'nough said.

If anyone's interested, I'm offering a friend rate of $3.5k before I post it to craigslist, the kbb classifieds for $5k. If you're a skilled mechanic, the parts for the jobs above come to $500. If you're not, I can have the guys at East Ave auto do parts and labor for $1k (would add a 1 year warranty).

This car is a golden egg and I'm having a really, really hard time letting it go. It's cheaper than a beater and more reliable than most new cars. I've never been in a car that's more fun to drive (including a porsche boxtser, bmw 5 series, audi and a nice little mini). It gets 27 city, 33 highway.

No comments: