Monday, January 14, 2008

GTK 2+ and Soccer

I've been getting back into sports! Over the last month, I've played a game of football, rugby, and nearly 10 soccer games! I'm a little sore, but my balance is back to ridiculous. Oh, what fun can be had with feet that move faster than expected... :)

My car is fixed and beautiful! Turns out, the work was covered by a recall, so I'm only out $180 for brakes! I'm still going to sell my precious *ahem* my ZX3, but I'm now selling it in top condition.

I shaved my beard off on Friday. It was an arbitrary decision, just like the previous decision to grow it was. Cheryl likes me better with the beard and I strongly agree that it gives me a certain bonus regarding the perception of respect. I'm going to grow it back. I walked in to the sports garden Sunday to play with my team, but no one recognized me without my beard. :D Imagine that!

For those fine few using WorkRave, Pidgin, Gaim, Gimp or any other GTK based tools, I strongly recommend updating to the latest GTK. It's prettier than ever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does Annabelle still know who you are minus the facial hair?

David said...

Yeah. She gave me a weird stare for a minute, but she caught right on.