Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Yes (Say It, Mean It, Live It)

This weekend was AWESOME! Belle and I went sledding for 3 hours starting at 7am, then went out and built 3 snow forts with some friends from the neighborhood. The next evening, we played with our forts, then did some tracking (eventually finding a rabbit burrow). Belle wanted to keep the rabbits, but I was firm...

Frankly, at 7am, I was TIRED. I did not want to do ANYTHING, let alone scurry for winter clothes, dress a whirling dirvish, do the cat-herding thing to get into the car, then tromp around all creation for the day... I never want to do anything. Just ask Cheryl. If I was left to my own devices, I'd do nothing but sit at the computer all day/night, watching movies, playing games, and generally zoning out.

The trick is, even though I never feel like doing anything, I say 'yes' out of habit. As you probably know, my mom was bent on the view that variety is the spice of life (I'm with her on that). Opportunity sparks variety, so engaging in more opportunities than I feel like at the moment is key. (Grain of salt: Everything in moderation...)

Props to all you opportunity providers out there! You make my life enthusiastically enjoyable!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow - this post is spot on! Its got to be a choice you make daily to get up and do things and enjoy life! Otherwise, you'll regret it if you don't! Nice post!