Friday, November 30, 2007

Food and Fun

I love food. I love fun. Thursday-Today was all that and more. Four solid days of Thanksgiving with over 60 family members brought warmth to my heart as the contagious smiling of my baby brought joy to all involved.

Food can really make a difference (as can sleep). Over the past two weeks, I've enjoyed a steak, prosciutto wrapped mozerella, chocolate cake, home-made macaroons, assorted cookies, 2 pies and a cheese-cake. Oh, that was all at work. The feasts at home were far more grand.

It looks like my band is getting together for a show around New Year's Eve. I'm looking forward to playing with everyone again. The Kitchen Sinks have a powerful chemistry. The opposite of the black, stinky kind. That's Joe's kitchen sink...

I'm still riding my bike. The black ice made it a bit of fun the other day. Whenever there was a strong wind, me and my bike would drift about in the lane like a leaf. I've removed the toe-clips for the winter, and purchased myself a nice, light (but waterproof) set of boots. They work best when you're not pouring water into them from the top (or riding through 1ft of standing water built up under the RR bridge).

If you read this, leave me a comment with your favorite passionate music band. If you have a song in mind, list that too. Right now, I'm thinking of 'Hysteria' by MUSE.

1 comment:

Ed Brannin said...

Finally got around to listening to the song -- and I'm not sure what you mean by "passionate music"; or rather, how exactly that should limit my answer.

Letely, however, my favorite musical group is Eikona, who until recently had samples for download. Oh well -- let me know if you'd like to hear some pretty chant.